No bootable device Acer laptop -How to fix the problem?
Have you faced the problem of no bootable device in your Acer laptop? No bootable device fixing in Acer laptop is quite a tough task to do. But, we have made it simple for you to deal with no bootable device windows 10.
At first, you need to know what causes a no bootable device. The error message appears when your computer is not able to find a hard drive or any bootable drives that help to load the operating system. For no bootable device Acer, aspire 3 and aspire e15, the following might be the simple causes.
- Partition did not get set as active
- Corrupted system files
- Bad sectors on the primary hard drive
- The barrier did not get set as active
- Corrupted MBR or a hard disk failure
For the problem of ‘no bootable device Acer laptop fix,’ you need to try the following methods. These methods get highly recommended by the experts of computers and can be used to fix the problems of no bootable device dell and no bootable device Toshiba too.
1. Disconnect all peripherals of USB
In most cases, the issue of no bootable could get caused by the USB devices that you are using. So, the best way to deal with the issue is by disconnecting all the in-use USB peripherals. Also, you need to make sure that you plug out your USB keyboard and mouse as well to get rid of the problem.
2. Check the cables
Moreover, the problem of no bootable device can also get caused by loose cables. So, you need to get the computer sure that you have the wires of your computer tightened when you are dealing with the problem. The first thing you can do is turning off your computer and then checking all the SATA cables and their connection with the hard drive and the motherboard.
3. Set a good hard drive as the first boot device
Because the problem of ‘no bootable device Acer laptop fix’ in Acer might also be the reasons for the faulty hard drive, you need to set the right hard drive.
The steps to set the hard drive are
- Power off your Acer device by holding the power button for 5 seconds
- Long press the arrow button and then click the Boot tab.
- Then, go to the Exit tab in the BIOS utility.
- Choose the ‘Exit Saving Changes’
- Then, follow the steps and restart your computer.
And, you will get the desired results.
4. Fix the damaged MBR
MBR is the sector in had which has the information about the load of the OS and the hard disk. The loss in the MBR will lead to bootable problems. Here is the command prompts for the ‘no bootable problem Acer laptop fix.’
- Bootrec /rebuildbcd
- Bootrec /scanos
- Bootrec/ fixboot
- Bootrec /fixmbr
After you get done with the commands and your problem does not get fixed yet, you should try the following.
- bcdedit /export C:BCD_Backup
- cd boot
- attrib bcd -s -h -r
- ren c:bootbcd bcd.old
- bootrec /RebuildBcd
Hence you can fix the problem of no bootable device Acer windows 8.
5. Build MBR again without Windows CD
While ‘no bootable device Acer laptop fix’ requires the installation of Windows CD, you can sometimes do it without using CD too. For that, you need to create an environment. To create an environment for MBR, you need to follow these simple steps.
- At first, download the freeware and then install it on your computer.
- Run AQMEI and then click on the make bootable media wizard.
- Then, insert the bootable USB
- You’ll see the option to rebuild MBR. Click on it.
Therefore, you can fix the problems of no bootable device on Acer aspire 3 and other laptops by following these simple steps. So, you do not need to worry about how to fix no bootable device anymore.
See Also: [Quick and Easy Fix] No Bootable Device Acer Aspire E15 ?